The mission of the Stanford Physics Department is to produce groundbreaking physics in a climate that values the contributions of and encourages participation from all groups of physicists and potential physicists.
Our vision is that our department should be a world leader not only in producing groundbreaking intellectual achievements in physics, but also in training future generations of physicists who are representative of the diversity of populations of Stanford, of California, of the US, and of the world. We envision a community where all members are supported to succeed and enabled to do their best work.
Upcoming and recent events
- E&I reading group (on Moss-Racusin et al 2012; PAB 102/103, 12-1:30pm; lunch provided)
- Nicole Cabrera Salazar: Retaining People of Color in STEM (PAB 102/103, 3:30pm)
- E&I graduate meeting: graduate admissions
- Tim Wise public talk at CEMEX Auditorium, 4pm
- E&I graduate meeting: open house actions
News and updates
We are introducing a reading group, meeting every one or two months for the foreseeable future. See here for details.
Past E&I seminars
We maintain a list of support resources within Stanford and beyond, for everyone from students and postdocs to faculty and staff.
We also maintain a page of references for those interested in learning more about equity and inclusion in physics and more generally in STEM.