The mission of the Stanford Physics Department is to produce groundbreaking physics in a climate that values the contributions of and encourages participation from all groups of physicists and potential physicists.
Our vision is that our department should be a world leader not only in producing groundbreaking intellectual achievements in physics, but also in training future generations of physicists who are representative of the diversity of populations of Stanford, of California, of the US, and of the world. We envision a community where all members are supported to succeed and enabled to do their best work.
- Email the committee with your suggestions at inclusivephysics
@lists. stanford. edu
- Join the inclusive
physics reading group mailing list
- Undergrad students: join the PUWMAS mailing list
- Grad students: join the Graduate Action Committee
- Suggest a speaker for a future event
- Send anonymous feedback to the committee via this form
News and updates
- We are looking for new committee members! Postdocs, students (undergraduate and graduate), and staff of all backgrounds and identities would be welcome—contact the current committee members if interested.
We maintain a list of support resources within Stanford and beyond, for everyone from students and postdocs to faculty and staff.
We also maintain a page of references for those interested in learning more about equity and inclusion in physics and more generally in STEM.