How to Declare
- Declare the Physics Major on Axess. Do not select Physics Honors; this option may be elected later if you choose to pursue the Honors program.
- Contact Elva Carbajal (elva [at] stanford.edu) who will assign a Physics faculty to be your advisor.
- Contact your advisor to set up a meeting (e.g., a Zoom meeting or in-person) to plan your course plan. Send your advisor a copy of your unofficial Stanford transcript from Axess, along with a copy of the B.S. in Physics (Pathways) Form completed with courses taken to date.
- If you have any missing or non-standard courses, especially for the intro 40 series or 61/71/81 courses, this is also the time to arrange for transfer credit, make-ups, and/or substitutions, by using the Course Requirements Petition Form [also attached in Word format] for any of these non-standard situations. At this point, discuss with your advisor any substitutions or waivers for required courses that you may be contemplating so that your advisor can sign off on any necessary petition forms if they approve.
- After you have completed steps 3 and 4 (if applicable), please scan the signed forms and email them to elva [at] stanford.edu.
- For Engineering/Physics Library information contact Stella Ota at stella.ota [at] stanford.edu or call her at 650-723-9763.
For further assistance or information regarding the undergraduate Physics Major at Stanford University, contact Elva Carbajal at elva [at] stanford.edu (subject: How%20To%20Declare) or call (650) 723-4362.