Researchers approved for Essential and Critical Functions and for conducting Minimum Basic Research Operations in Varian must complete the following tasks prior to working in the building:
- Read the Varian Physics Lab Building Research Safety Protocol (Lab Restart SOP For Varian Building, updated 7/15/20)
- Complete STARS Course Code EHS-2470-WEB
- Submit the Varian Physics Lab Building Research Safety Protocol acknowledgement form
- Obtain an e-mail from the Physics Department Administration (Karen Ajluni) confirming that the that the above requirements have been satisfied
- On every single day that you will be working in Varian, or any building on campus, it is your responsibility to (1) enter your schedule on your group’s lab calendar (including updates if anything changes, even after the fact); and (2) ensure that you are adhering to all Stanford COVID-19 surveillance testing requirements (Faculty, staff, postdocs) (Students) when coming to campus; and (2) conduct a Health Check before you arrive.
- Should you become sick or have tested COVID-positive, please report this condition into the Health Check system. More specific details are listed in the Varian Physics Lab Building Research Safety Protocol.
- If you have a COVID-related safety comment or concern, please report it through this online submission form.
You may also report social distancing concerns to Stanford’s Ethics & Compliance Helpline or contact the County Office of Labor Standards Enforcement advice line to report deficiencies at 866-870-7725.