The Physics Store is open for self-service shopping. If your card key allowed you into the Varian Building in March 2020, your access has been restored. We will have at least one staff member on site every weekday from 9am-4pm. If you do not yet have card key access to Varian and you have completed Stars course EHS-2470, email khoi [at] stanford.edu to request access.
The Physics Stockroom (also known as the Physics Store) is a self-serve hardware and lab-supply store. We serve research groups in various science and engineering departments at Stanford.
Physics Stockroom Self Service Purchase Form
To sign out purchased items:
- Select "Yes" to use your pre-authorized PTA, or "No" to enter a PTA manually. (See main Physics Stockroom page for information about setting up a pre-authorized PTA.) If entering PTA manually, you can search the "Project" box by project number, Professor name, or project name.
- Select your supplies from the Physics Stockroom, taking note of the stock#, which will be a red or yellow label. If you need help finding an item, you can ask staff in room 115, or use the search page.
- In the column labeled "Item#" you can enter the exact stock# and tab or click on "Quantity" to enter quantity. You can also use the "Item#" box to search by description or partial part number.
- When you have selected all of your items and quantities, scroll to the bottom and hit "Check Out".
To log back in : https://ofweb.stanford.edu/apex/f?p=335
Please note: this form is for paying for items that you have already taken from the store, it does not allow you to order ahead. Our inventory is searchable at https://ofweb.stanford.edu/apex/f?p=335:6
Our staffed hours are 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. We're in the Varian Physics Building Room 115, near the loading dock.
A sample of our product categories
- Compression Fittings
- Pipe Fittings
- Vacuum Fittings
- Adhesive Tapes
- Cleaning Supplies
- Electronics (Selected Components)
- Safety Equipment
- Compressed Gas Cylinders
- Liquid Helium
- Liquid Nitrogen
Paying with a PTA
You must set up a blanket order with the Physics Stockroom before making purchases. Have someone with signature authority for the account send email to: khoi [at] stanford.edu.
Include the following information in your blanket order:
- Expenditure Type
- Name of the Group and Account
Strongly recommended information
- Start/End Dates
- Max. Dollar Amount (Not-To Exceed)
- Tax Exemption Code (If Non-Taxable)
- List of Likely Users
- Admin. Contact Information
Sample blanket order
- Project-Task-Award: 1234567-100-AARGH
- Astrobiology Dept, Prof. I. M. Fictional
- Subspace Scanner Project, NASA Grant #12345
- Start: Today, End: 09/30/2015
- Not to exceed: $5000
- Likely Users: Hugh Neverno, Mae Beeso
- Admin: Jen Rallist, 723-0000, Mail Code: 0000