Equity and Inclusion
The mission of the Stanford Physics Department is to produce groundbreaking physics in a climate that values the contributions of and encourages participation from all groups of physicists and potential physicists.
Our vision is that our department should be a world leader not only in producing groundbreaking intellectual achievements in physics, but also in training future generations of physicists who are representative of the diversity of populations of Stanford, of California, of the US, and of the world. We envision a community where all members are supported to succeed and enabled to do their best work.
Check out the E&I committee members for the 2021-22 academic year!
Interested in serving on the E&I committee? Contact the committee chair Bruce Macintosh or one of the current committee members. Postdocs, students (undergraduate and graduate), and staff of all backgrounds and identities are welcome.
- Email the committee with your suggestions at email@example.com
- Join the inclusivephysicsreadinggroup mailing list
- Undergrad students: join the PUWMAS mailing list
- Grad students: join the Graduate Action Committee
- Suggest a speaker for a future event
- Send anonymous feedback to the committee via this form
We maintain a list of support resources within Stanford and beyond, for everyone from students and postdocs to faculty and staff.
We also maintain a page of references for those interested in learning more about equity and inclusion in physics and more generally in STEM.